Dear Brothers, Sisters and respected elders,
We launched our fundraising initiative towards the “Building our Future” project in Ramadhan 2012. A Planning Application was submitted which was rejected by the Council in April 2013. Instead of appealing against the decision, it was decided to proceed with the Previous approved plan of 2011. After a process of tendering the preferred tenderer selected and work commenced end of November 2014. The cost of these works will be £785,000. To date we have raised £170,000 of which £15,000 is in the form of Qard-e-Hasannah (godly loan). We require the remainder as a matter urgency.
The project involves:-
- A two floor extension above the front forecourt.
- A two floor extension to the front stairwell and one floor extension to rear stairwell.
- Replacing existing floors which were for domestic use with new floors in order for them to be able to hold the weight of Mussalli’s.
- Making each of the floors areas of the building on the same level.
- Providing Disabled Lift and Toilet.
- Creating a Wudu area for Sisters.
- Creating a prayer area for sisters.
- Increasing capacity for Mussalis.
- Increasing capacity for Madressa Classes.
“Whosoever shares in building a Masjid for Allah, even if it is as small as a bird’s nest. Allah (S.W.T) will build for him a house in Paradise”. Reported by Imam Ahmad
YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED TO ENSURE MAJORITY OF WORK IS COMPLETED BY RAMADHAN 2015 !
Unfortunately without financial assistance we cannot achieve much of the project. With your help, we can achieve our objectives to satisfy the essential needs of the growing local community.
WAYS IN WHICH YOU CAN HELP?
- You can sponsor the price of supplying and fitting one of the following items:
- Demolitions and removal of rubbish
- Digging foundations, and fitting concrete
- Steel columns, beams and pad stones
- Bricks and blocks
- New roof
- New windows
- New doors
- New heating system
- Rewiring of the building
- Building Wudu Area for Men
- Building Wudu area for ladies
- Decorations, e.g. paints and providing carpets, etc.
- Alternatively, donate towards the building cost for creating one square metre of floor area in the Mosque. The cost of this is £1000. This can be a Sadaqah Jariyah for you. You can also designate this area to your loved ones, such as husband, wife, son, daughter, father or mother. However, if this is also difficult for you, you can share one square metre area with another person. In order to make things easier for you, it is also possible to pay in smaller amounts over a longer period of time.
- Give us Qard-e-Hassanah (The Beautiful Loan) for the maximum period possible. For your piece of mind and to assure you that you will get your money back as per agreement, there will be a written agreement between you and the mosque. In addition to this, there will be two witnesses between you and us who will also sign the agreement. We are sure that this would provide you a peace of mind when you are giving the loan to Islamic Culture and Education Centre, Battersea.
- If you can NOT help us financially; you can help us by introducing/collecting donations for this project from your relatives, family members, friends, etc. You can also help us by booking a mosque for collection, so that we can go and collect donations for this project.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- One off payment: (cheque/cash) please make cheque payable to Islamic Culture and education Centre, Battersea and send it to the following address:
Islamic Culture and Education Centre, Battersea, 75 Falcon Road, Battersea, London SW11 2PG (UK)
Standing Order: you do not have to pay in one payment. You can spread your donations and pay slowly by completing the standing order form (Form uploading soon)
- Bank Transfer: Islamic Culture and Education Centre, Battersea account details:
Account Name: Islamic Culture and Education Centre, Battersea
Bank Name: National Westminster Bank
Bank Address: Clapham junction Branch, 66-68 St Johns Road, PO Box 3203, Battersea, London SW11 1PB (United Kingdom)
Account No: 82102740
Sort Code: 50-21-01
If you are a tax payer, you can boost the value of your donation by 28%, at no extra cost to you. HM Revenue & Customs will pay to Islamic Culture and Education Centre, Battersea an extra 28p for every pound you donate.
In order for us to receive the 28%, you are requested to sign the Gift Aid Form (Form uploading soon)