“The most beloved of places to Allah are the mosques, and the most hated of places to Allah are the markets.”
Dear Community Members,
It is with great joy to announce the phased Re- Opening of Battersea Mosque for daily congregational prayers from the Fajr prayer of Thursday 9th July 2020. For yours and our staff safety and to satisfy government guidelines we have adopted the following practices and procedures:
- Initially, Entry to the daily congregational prayers will be limited to Male’s over the age of twelve.
- Each Musalli is required to have with them a prayer matt, be wearing a FACE MASK and be in a state of purification( as wudu and toilet facilities at the Mosque are required to be closed).
- Half and Hour before congregational prayer time, the mosque will open to allow Mussali’s into the Mosque one at a time.
- Any Mussali having a high temperature or cold like symptons will be refused entry to the Mosque.
- At the start of the congregational prayer the Mosque door will be closed.
- After the congregational prayer, the Mussali’s will be asked to pray any Sunnah prayers at home and be directed to leave the Mosque one by one.
- Quran’s and any other books in the halls are not to be touched.
- Microphones, Radiators and any metals parts are not to be touched.
Due to limited spaces, there will be three Jumma’s held.
1st Jumma at 1.15 PM
2nd Jumma at 1.45 PM
3rd Jumma at 2.15 PM
Only those that have booked their place in advance will be guaranteed entry to the prayer. To book your place please send a text message to Battersea Mosque Mobile Number 0 78 98 07 11 78, providing your name, mobile number and your desired Jumma time slot. If a place is available, you will then be sent a confirmation text. To ensure you receive further updates from us, please save 0 78 98 07 11 78 on your contacts as ICEC. You will be required to be at the Mosque Half an hour before prayer time and have a prayer matt, face mask and be in a state of purification( as wudu and toilet facilities are closed). The Mosque door will be closed 5 minutes before the prayer time and If you arrive after this time, you will not be guaranteed a place.
For those who require any assistance, then please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 72284267 or Abbas (07414795380) or Arshad (07508053822)
We are sure you will appreciate that this is a very difficult time for all the Community. It is a time, where we need to support and watch out for each other.
If, you are one of those who will be yearning to see the Mosque operating normally, then be patient and remember the words of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) who said:
“There are seven whom God will shade in His shade on the day on which there is no shade except His shade [including] a man whose heart is attached to the mosque when he leaves it until he returns to it….”