The centre is a focal point of the Local Community. Our mosque represents a rich, diverse mix of cultures. Worshippers consist of Individuals from some of the following backgrounds: Afro- Caribbean, Algerians, Bangladeshi, Egyptian, English, Eritrean, Indian, Irish, Moroccan, Pakistani, Scottish, Somalian, Turkish and Welsh. At Islamic Culture & Education Centre, we are passionate about developing the skills of our local community and the young people we serve. We believe that everyone should have a voice in everything that affects him or her.
- To promote and encourage discussion and participation in Social & Educational community issues, activities and cultural events. In order to provide support and help to improve the quality of life for the whole communities.
- The ICEC aims to provide all communities with a lasting sense of understanding Islam through dialogue discussion and interaction, Its core vision is to develop young people’s way of life, through cultural, social, educational and recreational activities.
- We believe that our young people have the energy and potential to improve their own lives and those of others in the community as they grow and take leading role in providing diverse services to help and support to enhance community cohesion.
- To provide a safe Islamic environment for members to develop their self and group identity as young people.
- To teach basic Arts and Crafts skills within a safe and friendly environment to develop constructive and simulating activities that will enable young Muslims to develop interests and skills that may lead to future employment or a more constructive use of their leisure time.
- Assisting young people in understanding the political issues that affect their everyday life for example racism, housing, immigration, education, employment, mass media, policing and many more.
- Promote Community Cohesion by building strong and positive links between people from different cultural and ethnicity.
- To serve all communities develop networking relationship with local stakeholders.
- Develop working relationship with statutory, voluntary and private institute for the benefit of our members.
- To constantly show support and professionalism in our practice.
- Provide a safe and secure platform to the Community for Social, Educational and Employment activities.