“The most beloved of places to Allah are the mosques, and the most hated of places to Allah are the markets.” [Muslim]
Dear Community Members,
Alhamdulillah, we are currently in the Spring phase of the Roadmap out of Lockdown where certain restrictions are being lifted phase by phase.
However, restrictions on mosque activities have not seen any major changes. They continue to discover new strand of the virus. We still have a greater responsibility to ensure that we strictly comply with all the guidelines set out by the government. So that our actions do not harm us and others. For yours and our staff safety and to satisfy government guidelines we have adopted the following practices and procedures:
- Each Musalli is required to have with them a prayer matt, be wearing a FACE MASK and be in a state of purification( as wudu and toilet facilities at the Mosque are closed).
- Those that are exempt from wearing a Face Mask due to an underlying health condition, are asked to pray at home. If they wish to attend the Mosque, then they are required to wear a Face Mask as we have only one metre social distancing within the Mosque.
- Half an Hour before congregational prayer time, the mosque will open to allow Mussali’s into the Mosque one at a time.
- Any Mussali having a high temperature or cold like symptons will be refused entry to the Mosque.
- At the start of the congregational prayer the Mosque door will be closed.
- After the congregational prayer, the Mussali’s will be asked to pray any Sunnah prayers at home and be directed to leave the Mosque one by one.
- Quran’s and any other books in the halls are not to be touched.
- Microphones, Radiators and any metals parts are not to be touched.
- Avoid talking with each other whilst in the Mosque
Due to limited spaces, there will be three Jumua’h held.
1st Jumua’h Khutba start time at 1.15 PM
2nd Jumua’h Khutba start time at 1.45 PM
3rd Jumua’h Khutba start time at 2.15 PM
Only those that have booked their place in advance will be guaranteed entry to the prayer’s.
You will be required to be at the Mosque Half an hour before prayer time and have a prayer matt, face mask and be in a state of purification( as wudu and toilet facilities are closed). The Mosque door will be closed 5 minutes before the prayer time and If you arrive after this time, you will not be guaranteed a place.
How to book
To book your place please send a WhatsAPP text message to ICEC Battersea Mobile Number 07898071178, providing your name and your request to be registered with us. We will then send you message with an online Brothers and Sisters booking link.
You will be required to click that link and select the Jumu’ah time you wish to attend. If a place is available, then you will be given a booking reference which will be saved on your phone. You can show this booking at the door by clicking the online again.
To ensure you receive further updates from us, please save 07898071178 on your contacts as ICEC. We send out Mosque update messages via WhatsAPP broadcast. This message will only be delivered to your phone if our number 07898 071178 is saved on your contacts.
The Madrasah will close for face to face sessions but all children will be provided online sessions.
For those who require any assistance, then please email us on: [email protected]icecbattersea.org.uk or call us on 020 72284267 or 07898 071178.
We are sure, you will appreciate that this is a very difficult time for all the Community. It is a time, where we need to support and watch out for each other.
If, you are one of those who will be yearning to see the Mosque operating normally, then be patient and remember the words of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) who said:
“There are seven whom God will shade in His shade on the day on which there is no shade except His shade [including] a man whose heart is attached to the mosque when he leaves it until he returns to it….” [Bukhari]